7:47 AMBlogging Etiquettes And Tips Every Blogger Should Know
Are you a new blogger or a veteran blogger? Do you know the etiquettes of blogging? They are very important to know because, then your blog can become a place that your readers enjoy visiting. Also, it helps you provide information in a nice way. Let's take a look at some of the blogging etiquettes below:|
1. Be as professional as possible - I wouldn't recommend using any kind of language that is deemed inappropriate. Such as foul language. Remember, everyone doesn't like it. We have to cater to our audience. It's just best not to use it.
2. Be patient with your readers - If you are seeking the help of your readers. For instance, you are having a problem and you wrote a blog post about it seeking help. Even if you are not getting the help you want immediately or if people have misread your question. Don't be inconsiderate of their feelings. They are trying to help. Even if they don't know the answer they might know someone who does and will be reluctant to help if you come off rude and inconsiderate. People understand if you are frustrated if you are having problems. Trust me. We have all been there. However, patience is a virtue. You will get the problem solved.
3. You don't have all the answers - If you don't know something say you don't know. It's best to say you don't know rather then give a wrong answer. Refer the question to someone who does if possible.
4. Don't get upset if people don't agree with you - This is the blogging sphere. People have different opinions and ways to do things. Just agree to disagree. There's no reason to get upset.
5. Write in a font people can see - Don't write so small that people have a hard time reading what you wrote.
6. Don't just delete comments - Tell the person why you decided to delete it. Maybe you felt it was inappropriate or causing dissension on your blog. Whatever the reason let the commenter know.
7. Don't ignore your readers - If someone has asked you a question make sure you answer it.
8. Don't leave your blog unintended - If you are going to be away for a while let your readers know.
9. Don't just not not do something because you don't like it - For instance, maybe you don't like to use social media. Remember, it's not about you. It's about you all the time. Sometimes, you have to do things you might not like. If it makes it easier for your readers or if they like it then, you have to make adjustments.
10. Stay updated - The web is changing and we have to stay in the know.
P.S.I hope that you found these tips helpful. Our blog is our home online so we want it to make it as pleasant as possible when someone comes to visit. Thanks for reading and if you found this to be helpful please share.