Do you promote your business anywhere or everywhere even at inappropriate times? Are you constantly telling people about your business no matter where you are or what the occassion is? Do you rudely interrupt people's conversations just so you can tell them about your business. Do you post a comment on other blogs about your business and leave a link no matter what the topic is about? Congratulations you are a bonafide shameless marketer!
The quicker you realize that's what you are than you can get this problem solved the fastest. It's so annoying but you see people all over the internet that have this problem. You might be asking yourself. What is the difference between a shameless marketer and a spammer? Even though they have many common denominators. A spammer is mostly online. They just constantly flood message boards with the same message over and over again usually about their business or whatever they are promoting.
However, a shameless marketer can be online and offline. Someone who inappropriately promotes their business and do crazy things in the process. Many people don't even realize they are shameless marketer's, or if they do they won't admit to it. I think when someone emails you about writing a guest post on your blog, and they know that they won't be writing about your particular subject than that constitutes as being a shameless marketer. Why would you want to mess up the flow of someone else's blog just so you can get hits back to your website or blog?You might say,"Why are you writing a post about shameless marketer's?" Because I think it is important for people to know that these tactics are shameless and rude. It's time to start promoting in a better way.
Everyone isn't interested in hearing about your business, and even if they might of been you will turn them away by constantly pestering them about it. It's a better way to get people to know about your business and it doesn't consist of being rude and selfish. If you want to tell people about your business be engaging and not a pest. People don't like pests. Everyone hates shameless marketing tactics and you should too!
Don't get me wrong I like to add widgets to my site too. They really make your website stand out, and they come in all shapes, sizes and colors. However, if you have too many on your website it can slow your website down, also it can make it cluttered. It is easy to get addicted to adding them to your site, because I have had to talk myself out of putting up a couple more. It's nothing wrong with adding them but just make sure that they are aiding your site and not crippling it. Here are a few tips on how to pick the right ones for your site:
- Make sure the widget has something to do with your site or it's topic. If it doesn't than you may want to reconsider adding it.
- Make sure it is the right size too. You wouldn't want it to be too big or too small for your website. Test out the different sizes to make sure you are choosing the right size.
- Make sure you choose the right color for your website. If your website is green you want to reconsider the color purple for your widget.
- Make sure the widget is an asset for your website and not a hindrance. What are the benefits of having this widget on your website?
- Decide where you will be adding the widget. Will it be on your sidebar or on a particular page on your website?
- Decide what kind of widget will it be. Will it be one that moves or stands still or is a popup? This is just to make sure you don't have too much going on your website.
- Do you really need another widget? Or you just adding it too feed your addiction of widgets?
Buy This at Allposters.com
With the economy like it is everyone should be thinking about multiple streams of income. Perhaps you already have that's why you have been reading this blog. No job is secure these days. It's best to have your camel tied. I'm not against going to college, but I don't think going to college facilitates your success in life, because you can be trained to do any job. In fact, you have to undergo training the majority of time before you start a job, even if you have been to college. Often times, many people don't even end up working in the field that they went to college for.
It's best to have more than one way to make money. The internet is a great way to do this. There are many things that you can do to make money online. Many times people fail because they assume that you don't have to do anything to make money online. That is so far from the truth. I don't know where that idea came from, because even when you work a job you have to do something that's why it's called work. It's essential these days to have multiple streams of income. Whether you are selling something for a company, freelance work, blogging, etc. It is absolutely a must these days. You can ask yourself what you like to do or what you are good at. That will put you in the direction of what you can look into doing. I know sometimes people don't even give things a chance. They just write it off without even checking it out. If it can help you make some extra money at least look into it. Don't be so narrow minded. How will you know it won't work if you haven't looked at it or tried it? Probably because the majority of people only think that a job is the only way you can make money.
It's not if you don't already know. I'm not telling you to quit your job if you have one, but I'm saying be looking to other ways to make income as well. You may even get to the point that you can quit your job.If you already are doing other things to make money. That's great! Keep on doing it and don't stop. Even if it's not going the way you want. The tide will eventually turn, because it always does. If it's fear of what people are going to say. Don't tell them, because it's none of their business anyway. If it's laziness get off the couch and start looking. If it's procrastination just do it! You can start by reading this blog if you aren't already. May we all be prosperous!
There are so many programs all over the internet. How do you know which ones to join and which ones to avoid? Every time you look up someone wants you to join a program. Not another program you are thinking to yourself. Are you in so many internet programs that you have just stopped promoting the ones that you really have interest in? If you are it's time to take a step back, and see which ones are really of interest to you, so that you can start promoting them again. It's easy to get caught up in all the internet drama. There are so many programs promising you that you can make lots of money. Before you know it you are in hundreds of programs but making little or no money at all.
What you need to do is go through all the internet programs that you are in and see which ones you are working. You need to clean house as they say. If you haven't promoted a program in more than a year, than I say it is time to throw in the towel. Being in too many internet programs can also be the reason that you are making no money. It's hard to stay focused when you have stretched yourself too thin. Sometimes we join programs just to be joining them. We have no reason at all. We just sign up. If you are signing up in a program that has a downline and not doing anything you are really doing the person who referred you an injustice. After all, that's what downlines are for, to help each other out.
Don't you just hate it when someone you refer signs up under you, and than does nothing? Of course you do. We all do.I'm not saying that you can't be in more than one program, but if you are losing your mind over it than you need to rethink your priorities. Choose programs that you can stay excited about. Revaluate your situation. Sometimes things that were good for us a couple of years ago may not be good for us anymore. Is this program working for you? This is the question that you have to ask yourself. If you feel it's not than get out of the program, and find something that will. I had to clean house a couple of days ago too. I just wasn't using these programs, and they had to go. Besides, I wanted to focus on the programs that I enjoy doing and spend more time working with them. Another reason is sometimes people are in programs that have nothing to do with their business or niche.
If the programs you are in are not assisting your business than that can be a real bummer. We want to use tools that are going to help our business not hinder it. It's a bad habit just to sign up for something just because someone else did only to find out that it is not working for you. It becomes internet clutter, because sometimes when you sign up for different programs you start getting emails and invitations to join other programs, and it all just becomes exhausting.Use the programs that you are working with, and leave the programs that you are not. It will make a huge difference. Trust me, it will.
Banners are a great way to advertise. We have all clicked on banners. You see them all over the web. I know some people say they won't get results, but that is simply not true. Banners are very inviting; I've clicked on so many banners. I've also signed up for some programs, because I clicked on a banner. I don't think you should over do it though. You don't want to have too many banners on your site. However, in moderation they can be a great marketing tool. It's nice to have specific places where you can advertise your banners. Here are 4 great banner networks that you can advertise your banners. You don't have to worry about being told that you can't advertise your banners because these networks are specifically for banners. Many of these networks are free, but they do offer upgrade options and the prices are reasonable. I have found them to be very helpful. With these networks you can also build a list too:
1. Vtrafficrush is a great banner advertising network and you can also make money too. Free and paid members both make 20% commission. Becoming a paid member is definitely worth it and it's only a one-time payment. I am also a paid member. You can also throw your banners in the viral pool. This is one of my favorite banner networks. It really works too!
2. Cashinonbanners is another good banner advertising network. When you join and submit your banners they will rotate in spot #1 and when you refer new members they will rotate in spot #2 on their pages and your banner and your page will be presented to more and more prospects. Your banner will remain on #1 spot on your page. On the pages on everybody you refer it will be rotated on spot #2 on the pages of people you refer.
3. Instant Banner Ads is a banner advertising network where your banner ads are rotated throughout their site. Members earn credits by clicking on ads. You can use your credits to trade for banner or login ads. This can be done in the setup ads section. If you have enough credits, there will be a hyperlink visible that says, "pay using credits." As you can see this is another great banner advertising site.
4. Bucket of Banners you can earn impressions by placing code on your website and everytime someone views the ad you get impressions. You can also surf to get impressions. Promote your interactive splash page. Purchase impressions or earn a percentage of impressions from your downline. This is a great site to advertise your banners.
I would encourage you to join all of these banner advertising networks that way you will have multiple advertising and will get better exposure for your business or programs. With all of these banner networks you are building a list and you are able to advertise more than one of your programs at different sites. Thus, getting more exposure and more sales. Don't forget that you can make money too! When you add your banners to these networks I would recommend you add the programs that you are using. Don't add programs that you are not using or don't plan to use on a long term basis. That way you will receive better results. If you are on a budget this is a great way to get some awesome advertising for your business or programs without breaking the bank.
Would you like to broaden your knowledge about internet marketing, blogging, affiliate marketing, and social media? Then, Website Magazine is the magazine that you are looking for. Learn how to monetize your website and much much much more. Are you tired of going around in circles trying to learn about internet marketing? Subscribe to Website magazine and get online information coming straight to your door. We all know that things change so fast on the internet. Don't you want to be the first to know about what's going on in the online world instead of the last?
Subscribe to Website Magazine today! This is a great magazine. How do I know? I'm a subscriber myself and I absolutely would not be without this magazine if I were you. I have learned so much since I have been subscribed to it. It is a very important part of my internet marketing tool box because it helps keep me up to date. This magazine is great for the newbie and the veteran internet marketer. Website magazine is for people who are serious about internet marketing. You aren't serious about internet marketing if you are not getting Website magazine.
Click Here to get your free edition subscription of Website Magazine.
Are you just all over the place (I was)? You get online and you do a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but it's like you haven't did anything at all. It might be time to get on a schedule. I had gotten myself on a schedule a couple of years ago and everything was going great. Than I stopped and went back to my old habit of doing things will nilly. Now, I have rescheduled my life again and it is looking way better than it has been in a long time. I have lots of things to do regarding my internet business (including this blog). It can be hectic. Trying to do my business and other things that I am doing in my life. I am taking an online course to learn how to speak another language. Things have gotten pretty busy. So, I had to start getting organization in my life. I was literally on the verge of losing my mind. Here are some tips that really helped me reschedule my life:
1. Check your email, but put a time limit on it. Don't spend 2 or 3 hours checking your email.
2. To help you from being all over the place regarding your business and your personal life. Fix certain days of the week to do certain tasks. Example: Mondays can be to write your blog posts.
3. Get your place organized (This is something that I am working on too). Don't feel ashamed if it hasn't happened yet, we're getting there. :)
4. If you say you are going to do something. Do it, no matter what. I was taking my language course and my sister and her kids came by. Of course my natural reaction was to stop and visit with them (I did) but, I came right back downstairs and finished taking my writing composition.
5. If you can split your to do list between, mornings, afternoons, and evenings. It really makes a difference and keeps you tight on your schedule.
6. If you don't get everything that you planned to do that day (things do come up unexpectedly) don't get frazzled just start a new the next day.
I have found a few sites that can help you keep your life on schedule:
With the calendar home site you can print out a calender for each month. I did for March. I like to be able to look at what I have to do and if I want to add something right away I can. If you have a laptop you might find the other sites to be more useful. You can use one or all of them. It depends on your scheduling needs.
Life is so much easy when things are scheduled and organized.